Professor Larrick has research interests in individual and group decision processes, including rational models of judgment and choice, debiasing, wisdom of crowds, goals, and environmental decisions.
- Causal Attribution
- Group Processes
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Organizational Behavior
- Burson, K. A., Larrick, R. P., & Klayman, J. (2006). Skilled or unskilled, but still unaware of it: How perceptions of difficulty drive miscalibration in relative comparisons. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 90, 60-77
- Burson, K. A., Larrick, R. P., & Lynch, Jr., J. G. (2009). Six of one, half dozen of the other: Expanding and contracting numerical dimensions produces preference reversals. Psychological Science, 20, 1074-1078.
- Heath, C., Larrick, R. P., & Wu, G. (1999). Goals as reference points. Cognitive Psychology, 38, 79-109.
- Janicik, G. A., & Larrick, R. P. (2005). Social network schemas and the learning of incomplete networks. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 88, 348-364.
- Larrick, R. P., & Boles, T. L. (1995). Avoiding regret in decisions with feedback: A negotiation example. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 63, 87-97.
- Larrick, R. P., Burson, K. A., & Soll, J. B. (2007). Social comparison and confidence: When thinking you're better than average predicts overconfidence (and when it does not). Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 102, 76-94
- Larrick, R. P., & Cameron, K. W. (2011). Consumption-based metrics: From autos to IT. Computer, 44, 97-99.
- Larrick, R. P., Heath, C., & Wu, G. (2009). Goal-induced risk taking in negotiation and decision making. Social Cognition, 27, 342-364.
- Larrick, R. P., & Soll, J. B. (2008). The MPG illusion. Science, 320, 1593-1594.
- Larrick, R. P., & Soll, J. B. (2006). Intuitions about combining opinions: Misappreciation of the averaging principle. Management Science, 52, 111-127
- Larrick, R. P., Timmerman, T. A., & Carton, A. M., & Abrevaya, J. (2011). Temper, temperature, and temptation: Heat-related retaliation in baseball. Psychological Science, 22, 423-428.
- Morris, M. W., & Larrick, R. P. (1995). When one cause casts doubt on another: A normative analysis of discounting in causal attribution. Psychological Review, 102, 331-355.
- Morris, M. W., Larrick, R. P., & Su, S. K. (1999). Misperceiving negotiation counterparts: When situationally determined bargaining behaviors are attributed to personality traits. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 77, 52-67.
- Soll, J. B., & Larrick, R. P. (2009). Strategies for revising judgment: How (and how well) people use other's opinions. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 35,780-805.
- Leadership, Ethics, and Organization (MBA core course)
- Micro Organizational Behavior (Ph.D. course)
Fuqua School of Business
100 Fuqua Drive
Durham, North Carolina 27708
- Work: (919) 660-4076
- Mobile: (919) 270-1373
- Fax: (919) 684-2818
- Skype Name: rick.larrick